Quantcast
skip navigation

Club News

NB Ajax News

No news currently found.

Rain Out Policy

We would like to share our rain out policy. 

When we have light to moderate rain in the early afternoon, we will wait to make any decision until we get to the fields. Or, if inclement weather develops at the time just prior to practice or during practice, we will delay any decision for 30 minutes.  This will enable us to make a more informed call, and allow us to see if bad weather actually develops or whether it passes us by.  The two factors that will cause the rain out to be confirmed are: 1) persistent lightning during that 30 minute spell and/or 2) continuous heavy rain that causes the fields to be waterlogged.

During the 30 minute delay parents, we will need to remain at the fields or arrange for their child to stay in a friend's car.  No child will be permitted to be on the field if there is lightning present.

We know this may cause a tough decision for our members who travel futher distances.  Those parents and players, during these circumstances, can make a judgement call as to whether to risk making the trip or not.  If you choose not to take the risk, you will always have the option to attend another practice with your coach at their convenience.

In the case of significant rain during the day, we will try to make a decision about the fields as soon as we can have a member of staff inspect the complex.  We will only send out information about cancellations or closures, we will not send out information if training will continue as normal.  Every effort will be made to make a choice to reduce concerns and confusion.  

You should contact your Team Manager if you have questions about whether training is on or not.  The DOC's or the Business Manager will contact the TM's or send an email from GotSoccer (mass email) with the most up to date information on days when there may be a question about weather.  Hope this clears things up and enables us to make more advantegeous decision as to whether practice stays on or has to be cancelled. 

Best Wishes,
NB Ajax Staff